Fang Yao, Chair Professor
Department of Probability & Statistics
School of Mathematical Sciences
Center for Statistical Science
Room 255, Science Building #5
+86 (10) 62760376
- Complex-structured data analysis, inclduing functional, high-dimensional, geometric types etc.
- Machine learning methods and ordinary/partial differential equation modeling
involving functional, high-dimensional and differential dynamics in
clinical studies, human genetics, neuroimaging, finance and economics,
- The PhD student, Linxuan Shao, recently has the article accepted by the Annals of Statistics:
Shao, L., Lin Z., and Yao, F*. (2022) Intrinsic Riemannian functional data analysis for sparse longitudinal observations. Annals of Statistics, accepted.
- The PhD student, Ying Yang, has published online the article:
Ying, Y., and Yao, F*. (2022) Online estimation for functional data. Journal of the American Statistical Association, https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.2021.2002158.
- The former PhD student, Decai Liang who is an Assistant Professor
in School of Statistics and Data Science at Nankai University, has
published online the article:
Liang, D., Huang, H., Guan, Y.,
and Yao, F*. (2022) Test of weak separability for spatially
stationary functional field. Journal of the American Statistical Association, https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.2021.2002156.
- The former PhD student, Zhenhua Lin who is a Presidential Assistant Professor
in Department of Statistics and Data Science at National Singapore
University, has published the article:
Lin, Z., and Yao, F.* (2021). Functional regression on manifold with contamination. Biometrika, 108(2), 167-181.
PACE is a versatile collection of various models and methods
for functional data analysis (FDA) and Empirical Dynamics, and is available in R (fdapace on CRAN) and Matlab (PACE in Matlab).
welcome graduate students who are enthusiastic about research in
Statistics and Data Science to drop by and chat about your thoughts,
while solid theoretical and computational backgrounds are necessary for
conducting high-quality research.
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Fellow, Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS)
- Editor for Canadian Journal of Statistics, 2019-present.
- Associate Editor for Statistica Sinica, 2017-present.
- Associate Editor for Journal of the American Statistical Association, 2014-present.
- Associate Editor for Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 2012-present.
Associate Editor terms: Annals of Statistics (2008--2009, 2013--2015), Bernoulli Journal (2013--2015), Electronic Journal of Statistics (2010--2012), Journal of Multivariate Analysis (2016-2018), Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference (2012--2014), Statistica Sinica (2011--2014).